[argyllcms] Online database for colorimeter corrections

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:17:55 +0200

Sorry for the cross-post, but I thought this might be of interest.

For the new version of dispcalGUI that I've just released, I've set up an online database for colorimeter correction (.ccmx/.ccss) files. This database is not limited to be used by dispcalGUI alone, but is open for third parties as well. It supports queries for corrections of a specific instrument/display combination as well as upload and storage of corrections in the db. E.g.

http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/colorimetercorrections/?get=1&type=ccss,ccmx&instrument=i1%20Display&display=U2410&xml=1

will bring up some corrections for the i1 Display LT and Dell U2410 monitor. You can also get the raw CGATS by leaving out the &xml=1 parameter. All corrections made available are assumed to be released under the public domain. [ I've taken the liberty to add the around 20 files from http://argyllcms.com/doc/ccmxs.html to the db ]

Judging from the few correction matrices contributed to Argyll CMS, I don't expect it to be used that widely, but it may still be useful for some people.

--
Florian Höch