[argyllcms] Re: Monitor profile as conversion source

  • From: Mauro Boscarol <mauro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:51:39 +0200

Thank you Graeme.

My personal procedure for checking PCS -> RGB model (i.e. inverse model) for a
monitor profile is:

1. choose a list of Lab values (e.g. 24 Lab values of a ColorChecker) (1)
2. trasform these Lab values in RGB with PCS->RGB transformation of the profile
being checked
3. visualize patches with these RGB values and measure Lab values (2)
4. Compute difference and statistics between Lab (1) and Lab (2)

In this way seems to me that the RGB->PCS (i.e primary model or forward model)
is not involved.
So I do not understand what it means "against the forward model".

> You can check the inverse model (PCS -> Device) against the forward model

Can you comment on this?

Thank you.

Mauro Boscarol