[argyllcms] Re: Measuring a colorcheker on screen

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:16:53 +1100

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

The display in CinePaint, even with the ICC absolute rendering intent, is not CIE absolute. The later would be in need to do a real light comparision. You measurings are in need to scale up or down to match the monitors white- and blackpoint.

Black point can be recorded in profiles, but isn't (shouldn't!)
be used in any way to change the profile data.

A option in Argyll to include the measurements would help in later veryfy the profile by external tools as what Lars did want to achieve. LProf does the measurement embedding already, at least on request.

I've been meaning to add this, but haven't got around to it yet,.

Does Argyll support CIE absolute calculations?

In terms of returning the instrument measurement numbers,
no. It doesn't need much though, just scale the XYZ
values returned by the Argyll CMM by the Luminance value
tag value (which I notice is currently missing, but I will fix this.)