[argyllcms] Make Input ICC

  • From: Iliah Borg <iliah.i.borg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 23:57:12 -0400

Dear Gentlemen,

http://s3.amazonaws.com/IliahBorg/MakeInputICC_Win_01_17.zip
http://s3.amazonaws.com/IliahBorg/MakeInputICC_Mac_01_17.zip

This is a small wrapper around Argyll for creating input (camera) and
performing very simple checks on those.

Workflow:
set the reference CIED file
set the device data DevD file
set the quality
set the algorithm
set the white point mode
press "Go"
check Neutrality report
check deltaE2000 report

The wrapper expects a DevD file (device data, RGB, ColorChecker SG card, 2
examples are in Work directory, the tool I used to make DevD files is
RawDigger).

Some CIED files (including various colorcheckers) are placed into ReferenceData
folder. Choose ColorCheckerSG_spectral.cie if you will be running sample files
from Work folder.

You can use buttons to open CIED and DevD files, or drag them into respective
fields.

If you will be running with gamma 1 file,
NIKON_D4_Z100_4prof_NEF_g1_max227.txt, you can start with setting algorithm to
matrix only.  For gamma 2.2 file, NIKON_D4_Z100_4prof_NEF_g22_max242.txt, a
good start is gamma + matrix algorithm. You can try using auto scale white
point and compare results.

Argyll utilities are in Argyll_bin. They are current, and you can replace them
with a different version if needed. No installation necessary.

The resulting profile, ti3 file, neutrality and deltaE2000 reports (and
optionally, log) are going to Work by default. Reports are saved in csv format.

Profile neutrality report is presented in the form of a graph.

delatE2000 report is a table, you can sort it by pressing the column name.
Obviously, the sorting by error (deltaE2000 column) is the most often case.

Resulting profile contains ti3 data, with some fields added to know what
parameters were used while profiling.

In my profiling experience it is convenient to put camera serial number  and
lens type into Description field.

Any complaints and suggestions are most welcome. If the wrapper emits an error
please save the log and e-mail it to me.

--
Best regards,
Iliah Borg