[argyllcms] Re: Low ink limit & gamut mapping problem

  • From: Bret Hesler <bhesler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:59:07 -0400

It is the ink limit that is causing the cavities in your dark gamut. If you
consider the Red Green and Blue points on the gamut, they are 100% of two
colors, totaling 200%, which is your ink limit. To get darker, especially in
a high GCR setup, the addition of black requires the reduction of the
primaries (10K 95C 95M, 20K 90C 90M, 50K 75C 75M, 100K 50C 50M all to
maintain the 200% ink limit)

Is the 200% ink limit necessary to avoid ink puddles or making the paper
wavy? I would suggest you find a setting in your driver that reduces the
individual ink output so you can use a higher ink limit, or just try a
higher ink limit with your current settings if you can.

Bret