[argyllcms] Re: Large errors during printer profile check

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 00:13:41 +1100

Ivan Tsyba wrote:

> Profile check complete, errors: max. = 54.739534, avg. = 3.634257, RMS =
> 7.913384

Something has not lined up properly - there's at least one patch
out of place. Using profcheck -v2 will reveal which patches are not
correctly read.

> Profile check complete, errors: max. = 50.801395, avg. = 2.787503, RMS =
> 6.151080
>
> After third measuring of this chart using 1.4.0 chartread and colprof I got
> completely different results:
>
> Profile check complete, errors: max. = 3.024343, avg. = 0.892335, RMS =
> 1.033585
>
> So old 1.4.0 give in my case better results than 1.6.3
>
> I do something wrong? I missed something?

Something strange is going on. How have you printed the chart ?

Note that by default chartread will automatically determine what
direction each strip was read. If the chart wasn't arranged to
maximise the direction differences, then this may not work
reliably and the chartread -B flag should be used and
the strips read in the forward direction only.

> Here I post all logs and produced files (1.2 Mb):
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28502325/Argyll_logs.zip

Notice that it is the D and perhaps R strip that has not been
read correctly.