[argyllcms] Re: I seem to have gotten rendering intent relative colorimetric.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:08:55 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
As the tutorial suggests, I ran

colprof -v -D"Epson 3880 A" -qm -S /usr/local/Argyll_V1.3.2/ref/sRGB.icm
-cmt -dpp Epson_3880_A

Iccdump shows

Rndrng Intnt = Relative Colorimetric

These two are not connected. The former generates both the saturation and
perceptual cLUT tables as well as the mandatory colorimetric table.

The latter is simply a flag in the header.
I'm not sure what if anything uses that flag.

Typically you set the table you want to use in the CMM settings.

Currently there is no way of setting the header flag in colprof.
I'm happy enough to add a means of setting this flag, if someone
can point out a reason to do so....