[argyllcms] How do I force dispcal to always map R0 B0 G0 -> R0 B0 G0 on the calibrated video LUT?

  • From: Alexander <adfirestone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:21:36 -0800

Are there any settings for dispcal I can set to always map R0 B0 G0 >
R0 B0 G0 (or possibly something close to black like R0 G100 B72) and
then create the desired gamma curve based off that?

Reading though the manual it seems like it may have something to do
with the -f or -k parameters but the descriptions confuse me a bit.

The problem arises where if try to make a profile with very very dark
black (monitor black reads as 0.00cdm2), I have an issue with Argyll
always mapping R0 B0 G0 to something like R1985 B2125 G2251 which
changes my 0.00cdm2 black into a ~0.05-0.10cdm2 black. When I set my
CRT to a very very dark black for night viewing, I want to keep that
very very dark black after calibration.

By taking the video lut curve generated by Argyll, editing the black
point in BasICColor, end then making slight adjustment to the curve in
BasICColor while checking back and forth with ColorHFCR until I get
the correct gamma curve, I have been able to get the results I want. I
just hope there is some easier way that I have overlooked as the
former is a pain and takes a bit of time to get right.

Any suggested settings to try?

Thank you.