[argyllcms] Re: Getting back to using argyllcms. Some questions.

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:42:06 -0600

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 23:42 +0100, Harald Hugenschmidt wrote:
> hi,
> i happen to have the display myself. the advanced diaplay settings
> should be turned OFF, since they depend on enhancing local contrast.
> a monitor adapting to changing pictures is the opposite of a
> calibrated monitor.

Can you tell me just what you did?  What I did was to use Custom, set
Brightness and Contrast, Color Controls for R, G, and B, and I chose one
of the 3 choices for Gamma.  I don't remember the details, but I did
that while trying to follow the argyll instructions for
calibrating/profiling a monitor.  I don't see anyway to just turn off
the `advanced display settings'.  I don't remember the details of what I
did, but presumably much of it I need not have done.