[argyllcms] Future i1D3 support of other ddisplay types (AMOLED, etc)

  • From: Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:36:06 +0200

Hello,

I was running i1d3ccss (1.3.7) under Windows 7/64 (in a cygwin shell) to
convert the .edr files to .ccss. Because I am running i1Profiler 1.2, which is
an online update to the version on the CD, I didn't let i1d3ccss look for the
install CD but instead ran it from the local install directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Rite\Devices\i1d3\Calibrations

There were five .edr files (corresponding to the five display types currently
supported in i1Profiler):

$ ls *.edr
CCFLFamily_07Feb11.edr       RGBLEDFamily_07Feb11.edr  WLEDFamily_07Feb11.edr
ProjectorFamily_07Feb11.edr  WGCCFLFamily_07Feb11.edr

I also noticed a text file, I1D3Mapping.txt which maps these to numbered slots:

3,CCFLFamily_07Feb11.edr
6,WGCCFLFamily_07Feb11.edr
9,WLEDFamily_07Feb11.edr
12,RGBLEDFamily_07Feb11.edr
22,ProjectorFamily_07Feb11.edr

These slot numbers make more sense (and point to future support of other
display types?) in the context of the other text file in that directory,
TechnologyStrings.txt

1,Custom
2,CRT
3,CCFL
4,CCFL
5,CCFL
6,Wide Gamut CCFL
7,Wide Gamut CCFL
8,Wide Gamut CCFL
9,White LED
10,White LED
11,White LED
12,RGB LED
13,RGB LED
14,RGB LED
15,OLED
16,AMOLED
17,Plasma
18,RG Phosphor
19,Projector (RGB Filter Wheel)
20,Projector (RGBW Filter Wheel)
21,Projector (RGBCMY Filter Wheel)
22,Projector

Interesting.

These types are not currently exposed in the i1Profiler software (including the
1.3.1 update released the other day).

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG