[argyllcms] Re: FW: Profiling Epson ABW Print Driver

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:43:53 +1000

Alan Goldhammer wrote:
Yes, I know I can do it that way.  What I don't understand is why I cannot
create a simple 51 step B/W target with Argyll.  I've tried changing almost
every parameter but nothing seems to work; I always get two white patches
and 49 shades of grey.  As a result there is no 50% grey patch.  I don't
know if this is why it cannot be read by QTR.

I'm not sure that using the OFPS algorithm is such a good idea
for grey, although you can do it (note you need to override the
default -s50 -f0):

  ./targen -v -d0 -e0 -s0 -f51  test

It's probably best to start with something simpler though,
rather than leaping to the most complex:

  targen -v -d0 -e0 -s51 test

Use -p if you want to distribute the patches differently.