[argyllcms] Re: Error open USB - Color Munki Photo - windows 7 64 bit

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:08:42 +1100

Terry Hewitt wrote:
> Spotread: Error - Opening USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev2/ <X-Rite ColorMunki'>
> config 1
>
> Failed <operation not supported or u unimplemented on this platform>
> <Permissions ?>

I get exactly these symptoms when the Argyll USB driver is not installed
for the device (ie. if the X-Rite driver is installed for it).

You need to check that the Argyll driver is running.

In Device Manager it should list "Argyll LibUSB-1.0A devices"
and under that "Colormunki (Argyll)".

See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html?
and the "Adding Argyll drivers to existing drivers:"
section on how to switch to the Argyll drivers.