[argyllcms] Re: Dummy profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 00:50:54 +1000

Dino Puller wrote:
> For my application i need to include an input color profile and i can't
> change this specify. So
> what type of profile should i include? And how can i generate it?

It comes down to what you are trying to achieve. Under normal circumstances
you would provide a device profile that matches your device. This could
either be one supplied with your device, or one you create.

For an input device, you would need a test chart. See
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PS1>

But it would help to know what the profile is used for.

 * Is it used to tag the resulting device colorspace image file ?
 * Is it used to produce an image file in a CIE colorspace ?
 * Is it used to produce an image file in a standard device
    colorspace such as sRGB ? (In this case there will be two
    device profiles involved).