[argyllcms] Re: DIY color target for photographers

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:32:02 +0200

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Lars-Daniel Weber
<Lars-Daniel.Weber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> last week I've met a service provider, who can print on plastic
> in high quality using pigmented inks. He also can protect the
> surface agains scratches and UV radiation.
>
> Wouldn't that be a nice solution for a DIY color target for
> photographers? The production of 50 targets would cost around
> USD $470, which would be less than $10 for each target.

That's very affordable... However would the plastic surface be glossy?
It may make the target "hard" to shoot (with regard to glare).

> He told me, there is only a small chromatic aberration in a
> charge - so there wouldn't be a need to measure each target.

I would measure the first batch to at least make sure the printers
claims of consistency are actually true :D

BTW, I had a small shot a make my own target as well:

http://blog.pcode.nl/2010/02/13/homebrew-colorchecker/

It works fairly well (some obvious caveats aside).

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn