[argyllcms] Re: ColourConfidence GrafiLite

  • From: Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx>
  • To: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 07:31:12 +0200

On Friday, May 4, 2012, 9:00:57 PM, Pascal wrote:

PdB> I recently purchased a ColourConfidence GrafiLite (which is basically
PdB> a rebranded OttLite).

Thanks. (Spikes on that graph are a bit scary).

PdB> I did an illumread with my ColorMunkin in High Resolution mode, of
PdB> which I attached the graph.

I'm curious which program to use. The illumread documentation says to use
spotread if your instrument has a UV-cut filter, which the ColorMunki
unfortunately has.

PdB>  Color Rendering Index (Ra) = 91.4

Playing with spotread I find that my incandescent desk lamp has a CRI of 98
(very low color temperature of course) and that cloudy northern daylight has a
CDT of 5600 and a CRI of 98 :)

I'm thinking of getting a pair of these tubes, if I can find a suitable holder
for them (but being fluorescent I guess they will be spiky as well):

Just NORMLICHT fluorescent tubes
CDT 5000
CRI 98

I see them on sale in France for ?59.70 including tax.
http://www.cmp-color.fr/Eclairage%20lumiere%20du%20jour.html#JustNORMLICHT

although the Justnormlicht site talks of needing uv-transparent filters and
"optically tuned" reflectors
http://www.justnormlicht.com/light-and-color.html

and I see holder, reflector, uv-transparent diffuser and a pair of the same
tubes for sale in the US at the eye-watering price of USD 1190 (!)
http://www.rpimaging.com/just-normlicht-modulight-02-asymmetrical-36-watt.html
I find myself wondering where the extra cost comes from.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG