[argyllcms] Re: Cell cache problem

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:47:59 +1000

John Weissberg wrote:
Whenever I use the profile function with the setting -qh -bh, I receive the following message during processing:

  Warning - Reverse Cell Cache exausted, processing in chunks

IS their a way to allocate more memory/cache to the process so that it runs more smoothly?

It doesn't have a lot of impact, but you could if you want set
the an environment variable ARGYLL_REV_CACHE_MULT to a number greater than 1,
this can help (assuming you have lots of memory). If you go too far,
your machine will start to thrash, and speed will plummet.

See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Performance.html>