[argyllcms] Re: Black&White Profiling Printing

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:45:30 -0500

The documentation notes that you cannot do B/W profiles using Argyll and I
posed the question some months back about the changing this but Graeme
indicated that there are no plans to do so.  If you have an Epson printer
with the ABW driver for doing B/W you can prepare profiles using Roy
Harrington's QTR program.  Be aware that this will only work for the Windows
OS since new MacOS versions and the Epson drivers do not permit B/W printing
with profiles using the ABW driver.  They require you to let the printer
manage the workflow which is problematic in that the gray scale is not
perfectly linear.  You can use Argyll to read either a 21 or 51 step gray
scale for conversion by QTR into a profile.

Alan