[argyllcms] Re: Black generation and black ink limiting

  • From: Martin Weberg <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:14:50 +0200

2010/3/29 Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> What am I doing wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong. Graeme explained why the curves appear the
way they do. I also tried tweaking the -kp parameters to get rid of
the "bump" without luck.

Having used both ProfileMaker and PrintOpen where the set black curve
is more strictly met colprof's behaviour is sometimes confusing (not
meaning it's wrong). I have suggested some other methods to set the
black curve
(//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/request-colprof-black-generation)
and in addition to that colprof could have a parameter for degree of
adherence to the set black curve. As a result of using this parameter,
potentially introduced non-neutrality could be reported in stats for
a*, b*, C*, h*, H* and delta E.

Martin Weberg