[argyllcms] Re: Argyll's udev rules

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:26:52 +1100

Richard Hughes wrote:

Graeme, you probably want to update to this version in upstream
argyll. If nothing else, the ACL_MANAGE attributes ensures we only
limit device access to local users, not just all users, which may or
may not be a security concern.

Unfortunately your 55-Argyll.rules doesn't seem to pass regression.
It doesn't work for instance on OpenSuSE 10.3, and probably lots
of others. I'm guessing that something would need to be done
to actually make "ACL_MANAGE" do something on these sorts of systems.

(Besides which, I was led to believe that udev rules were going away
 as a means of managing such things, and that PolicyKit is taking its
 place ? If this is not true, then what *is* going on, because I sure
 as heck can't keep track of it!)