[argyllcms] Adding an import to the udev rule

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:37:57 +0000

In gnome-power-manager I'm using the colorimeter device model and make
to show the correct images to the user, explaining how to set the
device into calibration mode and attach it to the screen. It's polish,
but important polish.

To do this, I need the make and model of the colorimeter device. As
most colorimeter devices have no native Linux kernel drivers, we don't
get ID_VENDOR and ID_MODEL set for us. To work around this, I'm using
usb.ids, much like we do with soundcards and some other HID devices.

This is the rule I'm using:

# color calibration device
ENV{COLOR_MEASUREMENT_DEVICE}=="*?", ENV{ACL_MANAGE}="1",
IMPORT{program}="usb-db %p"

Now, I could always put a IMPORT{program} in the gnome-color-manager
rules file, but I think this belongs upstream in argyllcms. If you
guys disagree, I don't mind shipping it in gnome-color-manager.

Comments? Thanks.

Richard.