[aravis] Re: arv_update_device_list() and arv_get_n_devices()

  • From: wyang <wilson.yang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 20:53:20 +0000 (UTC)

Emmanuel Pacaud <emmanuel.pacaud@...> writes:

Hi,

On mer., avril 15, 2015 at 12:36 , Wilson Yang
<wilson.yang@...> wrote:
I am investigating the possibility to use ARAVIS library with Basler
Gige
camera(s).
Expected to get updated number of cameras that are connected in local
network.
It works great with newly plugged-in cameras, e.g. number of cameras
(via
arv_get_n_devices() ) matched what are on the local network. However,
disconnect camera from network does not show via arv_get_n_devices()
unless destroy and re-create the interface. Not sure if something I
missed.
Hope someone can give me couple of points here.

You must use arv_interface_update_device_list before.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Hi, Emmanuel,

Tried it and seems to me there is memory leak somewhere within the library.
Have a example code written and the used memory keeps going up.
Could you please take a look at it?
Please also let me know how to send the example code to you.
Thanks.

Wilson