[aravis] Make num-buffers a parameter

  • From: Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:07:32 -0400

Apologies for the generalities of this email -- I don't have access to
the source code at the moment (computer is in the shop), but the mind
still runs on and on...

When I do regain access to my development platform, I would like to
make the number of frames that can be buffered a runtime parameter
instead of a compile time constant.  Going from memory, I seem to
recall that there is a compile time constant, set to 50, that
determines the number of frames that the  gstreamer thread will
buffer.

What are the implications (if any) of making this a runtime property
(obviously with a default value of 50).?

What are the implications of setting it to 1 or 2 at runtime?

I need to minimize the latency in my system and would rather drop
frames (now that I can trust the timestamps from my Blackfly cameras)
than have them buffer up.

--wpd