[aravis] Dropped packets on dual link GigE camera

  • From: <tom.cobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:30:53 +0000

Hi,

I'm trialling a camera with dual ethernet ports, and it seems to be dropping a
lot of packets. All the debug below is from running arv-camera-test -d
"stream-thread:3"

When I run with packet resend on, aravis seems to request resent packets, which
helps some of the time:
[GvStream::send_packet_request] frame_id = 2497 (6 - 6)
[GvStream::_process_data_block] Received resent packet 6 for frame 2497
[GvStream::_process_data_block] Received resent packet 6 for frame 2497
[GvStream::_missing_packet_check] Resend request at dt = 1489, packet id = 12/16
[GvStream::send_packet_request] frame_id = 2497 (11 - 11)
[GvStream::_process_data_block] Received resent packet 11 for frame 2497

and doesn't other times:
[GvStream::_check_frame_completion] Timeout for frame 0 at dt = 100806
[GvStream::_close_frame] Close frame 0

and if I run without packet resend it fails a lot of the time:
[GvStream::_find_frame_data] Start frame 11
[GvStream::_find_frame_data] Start frame 12
[GvStream::_check_frame_completion] Incomplete frame 11
[GvStream::_close_frame] Close frame 11
[GvStream::_find_frame_data] Discard late frame 11 (last: 12)
[GvStream::_find_frame_data] Discard late frame 11 (last: 12)

From my quick investigations it looks like packets may be coming out of order
because of the dual links. How resilient is aravis to out of order packets? I'm
wondering if it might be doing packet resends that could be avoided if the
packets were reordered before they got to the stream thread?

Thanks,
Tom

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you