[aravis] Re: Aravis on TS-7800

  • From: Nial Peters <nonbiostudent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:32:53 +0000

Hi Gaston,

Glad to hear you that you managed to get Aravis installed ok.

Someone else on the list can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that
there is an app compiled into Aravis that you can use to get images - except
for arv-viewer (but I'm guessing that you're not running an X-server on your
TS-7800).

I have some c++ code that I wrote a while ago which uses Aravis to capture
images from a GigE camera and then store them as PNG files. I seriously doubt
it would work with your camera "as is" but if you think it might be useful then
I can put it up online somewhere (or email it to you if that is easier).

Cheers,
Nial