[arachne] Re: dos url list

  • From: Jason <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 06:41:43 -0400

Destiny wrote:

 Uploaded dos and unix url list pages at:

http://www.wisdomtree.info

 These will be updated couple times per month.

Anyone had experience using DosEMU or DosBox in unix? Do dos apps run in window or full screen?
Can you have several dos apps running concurrently?
How do you switch from dos app to unix desktop?

  Cal
Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

I run both in linux pretty much every day. Some applications run in one but not the other or run better in than in the other. Dosbox will run on windows but dosemu is linux only.

Dosbox used to be quite a bit slowed than dosemu(i use freedos) but the recent releases have closed the gap nicely. I use these for games and dbaseiv mostly.

Recently I put freedos on my dropbox account and run it from there wherever i am in case i lose my thumbdrive. i find it harder to lose the internet than a thumbdrive.

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --