[arachne] Re: [a4dos-list] Re:Re:Re: Wizzy's Advice (was Lite versus Full)

  • From: "Glenn Gilbreath Jr." <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:7:57 -0600

Gregy,
I'm not sure...seems I remember David Lindaur (author of
LadSoft products) pulling the web pages dealing with the
DOS Real Player codecs a bit over a year ago, in late
2003.  Maybe someone on one of the lists downloaded
and archived them.  If I did, I can't remember where I put
them!
C U L8R!
Wiz  <{;-)
At 12/30/99, you wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:13:23 -0700, Glenn Gilbreath Jr. wrote:
>
>> Hmmm,
>
>> Very interesting...Ladsoft at one time had codecs for a DOS
>> Real Audio player, but those are way out of date.  Wit
>> newer codecs being open sourced, it may be possible to
>> put something together for DOS, if they will compile with
>> a 32 bit DOS compiler (DJGPP)???
>Wit
>Hmmmm...now THAT's interesting....I didn't know he had those.
>I've been harping for years that we CAN have a "streaming
>audio addon" for Arachne.  We couldn't do anything else while we
>listened, but we could, at least, connect and listen to "our
>favorite talk show, etc".....
>Do you have his link...??  I'd like to look at his code.  Maybe
>give me some hints as to how to port HELIX for us to use.
>
>.....gregy
>

>-- This mail was sent by a user of Arachne - The Ultimate Internet Client
>

>[Sponsored by:]
>The newest lyrics on the Net!
>
>       http://lyrics.astraweb.com
>
>Click NOW!

Wizard57M
http://www.geocities.com/wizard57m/index.html

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --