[arachne] Re: When did Arachne became open source?

  • From: ewalt@xxxxxxxx
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:25:17 -0500 (EST)

Why not go right to the source? Glenn McCorkle was the guardian of the
source code before Arachne was released under GPL. Glenn had been given
the source code by Michael Polak, Arachne's original developer, in order
for Glenn and various others to work on various improvements. After a long
period of silence, when he stopped responding to email relating to Arachne,
Michael Polak finally gave Glenn the permission to release the code. I
believe this was somewhere around September of 2000. Details are in the
release history on Glenn's site. You can easily look it up yourself.

Glenn's a hero for all the work he's done on Arachne over the years.