[arachne] Re: Maximum length of PATH

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:05:24 +0000

>> Greg is correct about the length limits...BUT, my
>> path is nowhere near 1023 characters in MS DOS 7
>> (that's the DOS with Windows 95 A (OSR1).

> IIRC its the same DOS version with W98 and 98SE.

Not quite - Win95 B introduced FAT32 support, so the DOS was updated to
v7.1.

I think Win95 B/C and Win98 used v7.1, until it was updated a last time
to v8.0 for WinME. At least I am not aware of any further updates.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/