[arachne] Look at Life 10)

  • From: arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:23:42 +0100

Hi gangue!

One of the nice things about being a Grandparent is being able to be prou=
when things go just right. Yesterday morning, up early and load bodies in=
the people carrier (this is the "smaller " car we got when we sold the BI=
4x4) and then off to Bathgate, West Lothian, where our "middle" grand-dau=
ghter,
Hannah took a part in the annual "Gala Day".

This has a historical re-enactment as part of the day's proceedings, a "R=
obert
The Bruce" and other historical figures taking part in the pageant, then
there's a fancy-dress procession with decorated floats, this ends at the
Gala park where there are stalls and a fun-fair and Carnival. All in all,=

a good day out.

Well! the weather held and there was only a smidgin of rain and cloud thr=
oughout
the important bits of the day, and Hannah made it all the way through her=

part in the pageant without a hitch, and things went just right!

That's two out of four so far! last year, Lisa, our oldest grand-daughter=

was also in her local (a different town, different show) pageant at Loanh=
ead
Children's Gala, and next year, Lauren, number three in the list, it will=

maybe be her turn back in Loanhead we hear! David, the youngest has a cou=
ple
more years before he comes up to the age to be in the show, but that will=

be Bathgate again, maybe 2007.

Why proud? well apart from the obvious, that they are "OUR" grandbairns,
the choice is made by pupils and teachers from the schools involved, and
is based on popularity, so I reckon (puffs out chest with pride) we must
have done something right in bringing up our kids to bring up their kids!=

Ella (SWMBO) and myself have always been sort of do-ers when we involve i=
any organisation, rather than passive lurkers, and I can only assume this=

has rubbed off on the kids and grandkids.

Health report:- keep drinking the water, keep taking the tablets. the Gou=
has been re-confirmed as a diagnosis, and there's talk of some other trea=
tments,
maybe starting next week.

Happy, happy! New 'puter arrived and is now all installed with a broadban=
connection!  just think, now I can be on all day, every day! Life will ne=
ver
be the same again?

Silly Story time:-

A mouse and his son are out for a walk, strolling along discussing deep p=
hilosophical
issues, as mice do, such as "42" and the meaning of life.

They turn a corner, and are confronted by "Ginger", the neighbourhood tom=
cat,
a mean individual with scarred ears, and a nasty look about him. He fixes=

them with a steely gaze, and goes into stalk mode!

Without turning a hair, the father mouse bares his teeth, flattens his ea=
rs
back and says

"Wooof, wooof!"

extremely loudly. Naturally, somewhat confused by all this, Ginger the ca=
thinks for a second, turns and runs off into the bushes.

"And so, my son" says the father mouse, "Never, ever under-estimate the v=
alue
of learning a second language!"

On the CD player :-Gypsy Kings, more latino - "All my lovin'" Beatles tra=
ck
in Spanish flamenco style? (well, I, like it!)

For my caravanning friends, some more classifieds on the xetronella pages=
,
just go to:-

http://www.xetronella.com/class.html

and remember you can use these pages to advertise any items you have for
sale, no charges of course.

For those on the a4d computer list who have Javascript capable browsers,
and also for the caravanners, have fun at

http://www.xetronella.com/merry.html

with ESP, Lottery Numbers and Doggie Years.

Enuff for now, regards from all of us (Evans etal) to all of you.

Mel

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --