[arachne] Re: [Fwd: Course recommendation: XML: introduction]

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:09:48 +1030

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 04:17:06 -0500, L.D. Best wrote:

> For any who might benefit.  Be advised you will need to register;
> registration is free.  HP appears to keep its data totally secured, and
> I've had zero spam linked to them.

> What I do, since I'm not exactly organized when it comes to productive
> time, is copy down each lesson/assignment/quiz when it becomes
> available; moz allows saving as "complete website" so the graphics and
> illustrations come down ... and I thought I saw a thread awhile back
> that Arachne doesn't do that or ...?

No, but wget can, and it's easy enough to make a link from Arachne to
wget (see below).

> Nonetheless, consider grabbing it if you can benefit ... and keep an eye
> open for stuff you can use.  they have 3 levels of Linux training in
> addition to "linux server" course(s?).

Thanks Eldee. I'll look into it.

Regards from Greg

Here is my OOK file for wget. If you don't have pushdir and
popdir, then change the exit to switch back to arachne's home
directory.

rem WGET.OOK
pushdir
:top
cd wget
echo CLIP.TMP content is as follows:
echo
ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ
type ..\clip.tmp
echo
ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ
echo.
echo 1. WGET file pointed to by CLIP.TMP
echo.
echo 2. WGET file pointed to by CLIP.TMP, plus links to a depth of 5 levels
echo      CAUTION! This can get mean a lot of stuff to download!
echo.
echo 3. WGET update for F-PROT virus protection
echo.
echo 4. edit CLIP.TMP (preparatory to using #1 above)
echo.
echo X to exit
echo.
choice /c:1234X
if errorlevel 5 goto exit
if errorlevel 4 goto four
if errorlevel 3 goto three
if errorlevel 2 goto two
if errorlevel 1 goto one

:one
wget -c -r -k -i ..\clip.tmp
goto exit

:two
choice /c:1234567 Select desired level of nested links
if errorlevel 7 set _n=7
if errorlevel 6 set _n=6
if errorlevel 5 set _n=5
if errorlevel 4 set _n=4
if errorlevel 3 set _n=3
if errorlevel 2 set _n=2
if errorlevel 1 set _n=1
wget -r -p -k -l %_n% -i ..\clip.tmp
set _n=
goto exit

:three
for %%k in (fp-def macrdef2 f-prot) do attrib %%k.* -a
wget -N -i fp
xcopy -m -y *.* \f-prot
cd\f-prot
pkunzip -f *.zip