[arachne] Re: EVALUATION OF ARACHNE VERSIONS 169 TO 190

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:23:48 -0500

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:10:19, Bastiaan Edelman, PA3FFZ wrote:

<snip>

> So... hotkey T was pressed in order to use TELNET to delete the blocking
> e-mail but nothing hapened.
> Version 1.90 does not support telnet anymore :-(((

It _should_ work... but only after installing telnet.apm
http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/apm/

> BTW: 1.90 does not support e-dress list either.

Yes, it does...
but it is simply commented-out by default in the various mail files.

As has always been the case.... instructions are included within
each of the following files as to how to enable/disable it.

arachne_main\reply.htp
arachne_main\reply.htp
arachne_main\system\gui\sendmail.ah
arachne_main\system\gui\sendfile.ah

<snip>

> After all I had to quit 1.90 and fired up 1.61 to get rid of the e-mail
> blocking.

Bastiaan,

There is an 'experimental fix' for those pesky SPAMs

Try this.

Add this line to the bottom of arachne.cfg

MailTop Yes

--- from changes.txt ---

<snip>

1.90JG stable for DOS