[arachne] Re: Download speed

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 17:19:31 -0500

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:49:22 -0600, "Destiny" <destiny2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Upgrading several computers this month from Arachne version 1.90.  There
> has been discussion recently on improvements for download speed increasing
> over the 256k limit.  Has this been applied to both Ray and standard core?
> For which scenario below can either version be used?

> dialup?
> <256k cable?
>> 256k hi speed?

> Cal

Arachne v1.93;GPL is now achieving download speeds
of over 320,000 bytes/sec on my 3megabit/sec DSL connection.

56k dialup has also benefited by these changes
to the tune of about a 14% increase in download speed.
(before the changes, 5,500 bytes/sec
 after the changes, 6,300 bytes/sec)

http://www.glennmcc.org/a193gpl/

Sorry to say that Ray has not had the time to build these improvements
into his branch of Arachne.

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/