[arachne] Re: DOS only or?

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:25:00 -0700

Hi Greg M.,
                       You seem to have missed my
point entirely. Yes, all that you have written
has been purported to be among the reasons
for M$ success....and...I'm sure most people
on this list are aware of all those reasons and
others that have been given...but none of those
stories has anything to do with the point I am
trying to make...which is....If all the computer
users who have been said to prefer MAC's
were really buying MAC's then I think that Apple
would have a much larger market share. So.....
there must be a lot of computer users who
prefer Mac's that have bought and are using
PC's that run on M$ software.  As Sam E. says...
Lawrence Tech. is a school run by engineers
who are using PC's running Windows ...but....
his son, graduating as an engineer from that
school says that "engineers prefer Mac's"....
so in mathematical/engineering terms....that equation
doesn't balance.  Somewhere there is a false hypothesis.

Eric