[arachne] A Feature Request

  • From: "Glenn Gilbreath Jr." <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:58:52 -0600 (CST)

Hiya Lists!

I probably should have sent this to the developer list, maybe
John's "To Do" page, BUT...it was on quick impulse, hehe!
Here's my proposition...
We have now the ability to utilize an "external editor" for
text, emails, etc.  What I think would be very useful is a
similar option for an "External Email Program", other than
my current method of using NUPOP.OOK.  Why you ask??  Well,
I still on occassion have problems with malformed headers and
spam clogging Arachne's download of email.  So, I've written
a simple OOK file (see above) to call NuPop to handle my
"first email fetch of the day", to get rid of all the junk.
NuPop is VERY configurable, maybe too much so for some users,
but I have grown attached to it.  With an option to only use
NuPop for all email handling, I wouldn't need to click on the
OOK icon.  Other email applications would also be good choices,
such as PopMail and Pegasus.  By the way, I have used POPDUMP
from the sample WATTCP apps to fetch emails that clog Arachne.
I still don't know why Arachne gets choked, have looked at
header data, type, etc.  Seems most of the problems are due to
character sets I do not have installed, nor do I want...
mainly Chinese/Mandarin or some such.

Anybody have an opinion...or, should I keep it to myself?
C U L8R!
Wiz  <{;-)
Wizard57M
Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
-- DOS Internet, Close Windows, Keep the Internet Open! --