[apicug] JULY 10th Acivitity Meeting on GPS Devices

  • From: Ian Ridge <iridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apicug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:03:37 +1000

The topic for the July meeting on Thursday 10th is:

'Experience with GPS Devices'

Usual location of 11th floor, 35 Collins Street, Melbourne.

We thought it is about time we asked members who have some experience with GPS devices might share their experience for those of us who are considering getting a GPS capability. This may be as standalone GPS devices or on equipment incorporating such a capability eg mobile phones, PDAs.

We would like anyone who is able to bring along their devices and to relate their stories or experiences.

Lately in the news have been some failures of GPS devices to deliver families where they wanted to go, although most anecdotal stories are of users very impressed with their use.

Apologies for the lateness of this notice, although it may overlap one sent by Barry Klein.

Ian Ridge

Attempted resend with reply email address set to original @bigpond.com