[HG-PBEM] Re: All together again [Sorting it all out]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:14:33 -0600

[GM: OK, I've cleaned things up here. The scenes been moving slow,
so things are getting choppy. People use this compilation to run with
any threads you wnat. I'll work to track things and tie them in.

John, Juliette is seeing the masses of human contacts again. Most are
fleeing, but htis time more are staying. From all you can tell, some are
armed but only small arms or melee. Still, these stragglers are giving
your party a wide berth. Scott and Grizzly, you can see the same thing
as Juliette on your sensors.]

[Start of post]

The Colonel finally spoke. "Terry, make two calls. Call Clara first. Have
her make arrangements for Ms. Sanz elsewhere. Next, call the Transrail
Oasis Medical Center. Tell them that we need to have a full
examination for Tina, Rhogen and Carlie."

The Colonel, busy looking over at Terry, hit another pothole, sending
the jeep slamming down and lurching. The Colonel regained control.
Glancing in his rearview mirror, the Colonel looked at Tina, Carlie and
Rhogen in the back seat. "So, how exactly did you escape? You think
that someone intentionally let you loose? Have you been wndering
through Ghost Town all this time?

Rohgen only replied with a yelp as he couldn't stop himself from
poking at his skag wound.

"I apologize about not spotting that pothole, Mr. Czeshin," the Colonel
repented. Turning his attention back to his last question, the Colonel
asked again. "So, how did you escape exactly?"

"They essentially left the door open," Tina explained.  "We were
meant to escape."

The Colonel seemed to lean back a bit, thinking while driving. "You
mentioned a Sanjay and Saliman. I'll be hoonest that I've never heard of
them. Were they seeming to work for anyone that you could describe? Did
they hint at any reason why they would be targeting Ms. Sanz?"

"A woman," Tina answered.  "Sanjay spoke to a woman.  I believe
they are working for her.  She appeared to be older than them and had
a taste for leather clothing.  Other than that, I cannot supply much
information."

"That sounds like Mother Superior alright," the Colonel responded.
"She always liked leath bustlers." The Colonel frowned.  "Damn you,
Marian," he cursed under his breath.  "What are you up to?"

[...]

Carlie leaned forward, looking at Rhogen. "Hey, Rho, tell them about those
men and the boats."

"Boats?" Terry looked at Rhogen, "You mean the things that go on water?
I've heard of those before.  How in creation did you find boats?"

[...]

The conversation in the antelope passed Keavy by and she once
again took up her position in the procession.  She opened up her
comm as she swept the ruins on her side.  "I think that I much prefer
the Core to this place.  Any place where a gear can stomp around fully
armed is not really my idea of a picnic spot.  Do we have much farther
to go, Juli?"