[angelscript] 1.8.1 WIP 1 - first batch of bug-fixes

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:32:09 -0300

Dear subscribers,
The 1.8.0 release was incredibly premature. It was full of bugs that was
introduces with the new features. Fortunately, most of the time the library
worked without problems for applications that did a direct upgrade without
using the new features. But because of the many bugs discovered I made a
promise to myself that the next release will be as bug free as it possibly can
be. So I started writing a whole bunch of new test cases, and tried them out on
both Visual C++ and MinGW, not surprisingly I discovered a lot of bugs that
goes way back. They were not discovered before because nobody used those code
paths yet. You can read more details about the bugs found in the following
thread in the forums:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=260692

I've fixed the first batch of bugs with 1.8.1 WIP 1:
  a.. Changed debug output to be put in subdirectory AS_DEBUG
  b.. bug fix: Some errors were always reported on line 1 column 1, no matter
where they were located
  c.. bug fix: An assertion failed when a function call used a temporary
variable and the function wasn't found (thanks Jakub "krajzega" Wasilewski)
  d.. bug fix: Non-complex objects with 2 DWORDs in size is now correctly
returned from system functions
  e.. bug fix: Objects returned in memory is now correctly handled by MinGW for
cdecl calling convention
  f.. bug fix: Objects registered with asOBJ_IS_COMPLEX is not treated
correctly by MinGW
  g.. bug fix: BC_PGA didn't mask out the module ID when retrieving the address
of the global variable. (thanks Anders "Dentoid" Stenberg)

I hope to have all of the bugs corrected as soon as possible. But I do have
very little free time so I can't promise anything.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/