[angelscript] 1.8.1 BETA 1

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 23:35:58 -0300

Dear subscribers,
Version 1.8.0 was full of bugs and for that I apologize. I released three bug
fix versions, before I decided I had to make a much larger effort to remove the
bugs. Version 1.8.1 brings mostly bug fixes, and improved compatibility with
MinGW (and probably most other GCC based compilers).
One novelty is official support for virtual methods. They were always supported
in MSVC, but in MinGW they weren't.

The other is a much improved way of determining the correct way to register
object types. This in turn eliminated the need for the flags asCALL_RETURNBYREF
and asCALL_RETURNBYVAL.

Just in case there are still some bugs lurking around I've released this latest
version as BETA. But don't let that hold you back from using it. The version is
feature complete and I can assure you that it is much more bug free than the
previous version. The BETA status will remain for a couple of weeks until I can
be sure that no more bugs will be encountered.

By the way, I've probably broken the code for the Dreamcast, and the pure C++
code alternative (not much though). I will try to fix these as soon as
possible, though the Dreamcast code will have to be tested by someone else as I
don't have the proper tools.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/