[angelscript] 1.8.0 WIP 5

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:22:29 -0300

Dear subscribers,
Here's one last WIP before I release the final 1.8.0 version.

This release bring the following changes:

  a.. Added the method Discard() which allows the application to discard a
module when it is no longer needed
  b.. Added the method GetModuleID() which can be used to enumerate script
functions in modules
  c.. RegisterObjectType() should now use the new flags asOBJ_IS_COMPLEX and
asOBJ_IS_NOT_COMPLEX
  d.. ExecuteString() now take the name of the module in which it is to be
executed
  e.. Added support for enumeration of global script variables
  f.. Added new macros to make it easier to take the pointer of overloaded
functions and methods
I've also received an implementation for the switch-case statement from Jeff
White from Snop Productions (http://www.snop.com). I'll add that one to the
next release. Wade Brainerd from Treyarch (http://www.treyarch.com) sent me
lots of comments on how to improve the code, so these will also be added to the
next release.

Other than that I'll be working on updating the documentation for the final
1.8.0 release. I will also write an article that shows how to compile the
library and what options there are for configuring the compilation.

I hope to do this during this weekend, but I can't promise any release date.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript

PS. I've set up a page for those interested in making donations.
(http://www.angelcode.com/donate.asp)

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/