[analogorgans] Re: Trilogy owner

  • From: Jon Bayless <bayless@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:12:24 -0600

Grant Youngman wrote:

Look here:  http://www.crumhorn-labs.com/

I recently finished the conversion of a Rodgers console to midi and use it
to play several Hauptwerk instruments.  I was very careful to preserve all
of the analog generation system in the console, etc.  I did replace the
Rodgers keyboards with tracker touch keyboards from Classical Organ Works.
But truth is, I'd never go back.  And will probably rip out the Rodgers
sound generation electronics at some point, guilt free and without a second
thought ("rip" is a bad term -- I will carefully remove them and offer them
to my local Rodgers tech who takes care of many analogs in the area).
Analogs and early digitals were decent instruments for their time.  But ...

Look at what's available.  Listen to the samples -- visit the Organ Art
Media, Milan Digital Audio, Sonus Paradisi and other sample provider web
sites (links on the Hauptwerk page above).  IMHO, even a new commercial
digital can't come close to what you can do with Hauptwerk for a fraction of
the cost.  I'm not sure they even come close.  A wide range of Baroque,
French, Italian, Spanish, Father Willis, American and theater (Wurlitzer)
available.  And much more really exciting instruments on the way, with
remarkable realism.

It's worth the look ..

Grant