[analogorgans] Please check schematic

  • From: "Bernie Arcand" <barcand@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Analog Organs" <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:51:06 -0800

To the Rodgers Cambridge 220-II technicians:

A while back, while attempting to stop a cipher, I damaged something else,
causing a huge roar from both speakers (one on swell and one on great/pedal).
Jean from Montreal suggested I disconnect speakers and check power supply fuses
& voltages.  I did that today, and all appeared fine and correct.  However, I
did find a blown-apart capacitor at C-180 on board 3C.  Since this has
something to do with the "time sharing" does it have to be an exact replacement?
Having no local electronics store (the nearest Radio Shack is 100 miles away
and poorly stocked) How can I get my hands on a replacement capacitor?
Also...could this just be an outward manifestation of a more serious problem
that will result in just popping another good one if I put it in?
Am about to get the chain saw, sell the manuals, pedalboard, speakers and
amplifiers, if I can't get a fix on it.  Our super-tech here in North Dakota is
no longer with us and we miss him so very much.

Bernie in ND