[analogorgans] 327, What organ do I have, Leslie on Rodgers, etc.

  • From: Charles Strack <voceumana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:49:54 -0700 (PDT)

I am a glutton for punishment, and have a Heritage 990, a Cambridge 220
(220-II), and a Marquee 327.

I am refinishing, and will augment the 990. Work is slow, as I am stripping the
roll top, and that is a royal pain. I think I'm just going to use sandpaper
between the slats, as the stripper is so slow there and it is painstaking work.
Plan to add some extra voices, convert the drawknobs to moving stop ones (from
Syndyne, already purchased) and rework the trems. I will need to replace the
combination action, as the one in the organ is for lighted drawknobs.

As to the 220-II, I'm keeping it for now, and may convert it into a theatre
organ. I like this console. As the cooks say, mis en place: everything is right
where it should be on this organ, ready for use.

The 327 is in the garage, and I will probably sell it off, either in whole, or
part it out.

As to Leslies on the classical Rodgers analogue organs, Rodgers did this
regularly, calling it "flute tremulant full", until they developed a BBD trem
in the 1980's. For gospel or theatre work, it's fine, and I think a nicely done
leslie adds a pretty good tibia trem. Not that it has any place in classical
work.

I subscribed to the digest version of this list, and so far haven't found the
direct address for postings, but this one worked earlier, so I'll do that.

Noel: how about some instructions?

Charlie