[amstereo-dmf] AM Stereo Files Will Be Back Online This Weekend!

  • From: David Mitchell <davidm44509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:52:56 -0400

Sorry this has taken so long but things have not been working out the way I
thought they would since I have moved to OH. My brother is a truck driver
and was in an accident shortly after I moved here. A woman rear ended his
truck doing 65 mph and didn't even put on her brakes. He has been out of
work on disability since then which has caused delays in moving into the
house he has been building.

In the meantime, after 16 months, I have finally found a job which starts
this coming Monday at AT&T. I have heard they are a great company to work
for and their benefits are really awesome! Unfortunately, my income will
only be half of what it was before my last job of 13 yrs. and I'll have to
"work my way up the ladder again".

During my free time when not going to school and looking for work, I have
been DX'ing and working on the server. I will let everyone know when it is
back online this weekend and what the new url for the AM Stereo Files will
be.

The following upgrades have been made to the server since I took it offline
when I was in GA:

1 - Upgraded from Windows Server 2003 Enterprise to Windows Server 2008
Enterprise
2 - Upgraded the FTP server from Serv-U 6.3 to Serv-U 9 Gold. *You will now
be able to access the files via FTP or https using your browser. *There is
now no need to have to run both a web and ftp server. Serv-U 9 Gold does
both.
3 - Faster upload speeds. My DSL speed in GA was 1.5/256 and here in OH my
Cable modem speed is 7.0/512

Since I haven't been online much and haven't got to talk to many of you, I
hope everyone has been doing well and that everyone here in the states is
looking forwards to Spring!

Dave in OH