[AMHSO] Re: suggestions

  • From: "Martin Schneider" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:39:45 +0100 (CET)

Thanks Carlos,
that's really a good idea!

{ literature at the workshop }

I will bring along a huge box of literature, also referred to as the
rule110 fuzzylib.
Many of the books also analyse the phenomenon of love from various
perspectives. It's quite interesting to see how the concept of love has
changed over the past centuries.
Konrad and I have skipped through most of the fuzzylib books so we will be
able to give a short summary of the respective theories. But everyone is
invited to gain a deeper understanding by digging in the books at the
workshop.

{ literature reviews }

If anyone already has read a book that may be related, please bring it
with you or write a short rewiew which you should poost on [rule110] list
rather than [AMHSO] because the reviews may be of general interest.

{ models explained }

As Carlos already suggested, the presentations concerned with the project
topics will refer to the state of the art, but they should also introduce
models from disciplins that haven't been explored in terms of computer
simulation yet. We should then discuss together how those models can
inspire new approaches to simulating the phenomenon in charge.

If anybody wants to contribute to the 'models explained' blocks, for
example by giving an introduction to the theories of C.S.Lewis, Dawkins or
any other author of your choice just prepare a few slides using our
stylesheets and send them to us!

{ scientific standard }

I'm pretty sure that most of you have much more expertise in the fields
that Konrad and I are going to talk about, than we do have ourselves.
So don't be shy and share your knowledge.

But even if topics like 'love' make the impression that everyone could
contribute by sharing their personal feelings about the subject, we don't
want to end up like a creative writing class.
This is science and we will sceptically dissect every theory that is put
forward with good old Occam's razor.

---cut---

Since Occam is not joining the workshop, please bring your own razors :-)

Cheers,
Martin