[amen] Introducing "Doroga Vmeste"+ report on Hosanna Appeal

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:05:03 -0800 (PST)

Friends,
I will be travelling to Moscow Friday for a visit with our
community Hossana until February 4th when I return to
New York and shall be able to give you a first hand
account of the work.

What I should like to share with you this time is
secondly but importantly a reminder of the Hosanna
annual appeal, but first an idea of the content of
our quarterly magazine DOROGA VMESTE =
"Journey Together".  So a translation of the table
of contents of of the Spring 2007 issue.
First a picture of the table of contents: (photo on the left
is of the recently departed priest George Chistiukov
who was so important for so many)
http://voyager.smugmug.com/photos/242613375-X2-1.jpg
No 2./2007
Read In This Issue
Salt of the Earth
2. May Your Joy Be Complete. From an Appearance at the Festival ?The Peace of
Christ?, 1993.
Events
7. Svetlana Zhuravlyova. Tired Europe Needs a Fresh Breeze. A report on the
forum of Christian communities and movements in Stuttgart.
Under the Microscope
11. Natalia Kandudina. Jan Bandusheck in Russia, or Diary with a Drumroll
http://voyager.smugmug.com/photos/243850918-XL-1.jpg
(a Polish performance artist visits Moscow and gives
testimony)
At the Crossroads of History
15.A citizen of Maloyaroslav During the War. Reminiscences of Elizabeth
Mikhailovna Schick.
Meeting
18. A festival with  Daniel-Ange. Echo of the paschal festival of 2006.
How to Live ?
21. Mihail Scherbov. A Free Flying Object.
Faces of Contemporary Culture
http://voyager.smugmug.com/photos/243850942-L-1.jpg

24. Natalia Kandudina. A new generation on an old film.
With God or Without God ?
28. A Separate World.
Witness
http://voyager.smugmug.com/photos/243850942-L-1.jpg
(about the prison ministry)

30. Anna Krotova. Repairs to the glory of God.

32. Anna Krotova. Different Impressions.

Perhaps in a general way this gives a feeling at least of
the magazine which is one of the many projects for mission
which your support makes possible.

Now to briefly report the progress of the annual appeal:
we need $40,000
we have received  $5745
we have pledges of about $7000
and we understand that many who have not yet
pledged will do so , so it is not entirely simple to say
if we are doing well or less well, but perhaps just a
little slowly this year yet we are grateful to all...

and as to you? will you be with us and help to enable
this work on behalf of a coming Springtime of the
Church...?
we wait your word... Even if I am travelling this
address is open and will be checked and of course
the addresses after I sgin off for donation by mail or,
as you might consider, by paypal which is VERY
easy and reliable,
and in this work I am yours
+Seraphim

Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

Donations for HOSANNA  to
The Patristic Society
c.o 320 South Broadway, Unit  P-7
Tarrytown New York 10591
   (all correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx )

OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
AND FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
BANK ACCOUNT DONATION.