[amen] A report on recent and coming Hosanna work in Moscow.

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:04:55 -0700 (PDT)

Friends,
This is to catch up a little on reporting on the activity of our
community Hosanna in Moscow.

This last Sunday was Pentecost in the Eastern Church(this year's
Easter and therefore also Pentecost being a month later than
that of the Western Church) and it was also a holiday time
in Russia, coinciding, so it was possible to have a retreat
from Thursday night through Monday at our retreat center in
Semkhoz, the town where Fr Men lived, participating in liturgy
at the church there on Sunday.
Thirty people paticipated and it was in good and joyful spirit.

After this,and now, work is going on in the step by step improvement
of the center, this time with the water systems.

At our Monday night Bible study in Moscow, seven new people--
from the catechetical class at our Moscow center, joined the
study and at the end there was a (end of term) little meal with
shish-kebab.

From June 24-29 there will be a retreat, or one might say camp,
for adults at the retreat center in Semkhoz on the theme of
"You will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

In July as usual, this year from July 13-20, there will be a youth
camp on the theme of "The Young Church". That is to say , not in
ages, but in that the Church is always young and the spirit of
the early church is perpetual...this was a theme loved by Fr
Alexander Men...the perpetual resurrection and newness of that
spiritual body which outsiders are always expecting to find on its
last legs and yet it is just beginning...

This report to catch you up on some of our&nbsp; work and in gratitude
for your support which enables it ,we do also ask for your continued
support...see the informations after my signoff including the paypal
possiblity which is easy,reliable and immediate, and I am yours
in this work shared with you and given by the Lord to us,
+Seraphim

Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

Donations for  HOSANNA  to
The
 Patristic Society
c.o 320 South Broadway, Unit &nbsp;P-7
Tarrytown New York 10591
&nbsp;&nbsp; (all correspondence to  me:&nbsp; ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or
sigrist@xxxxxxxx )

OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
AND FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
BANK ACCOUNT DONATION.