[amc] proposed projects for workday

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:55:38 -0600

Beginning at 8:30, we will gather this next Saturday morning to work inside
our facilities.  Refreshments will be served throughout the day.  Please
plan your participation as you are available and comfortable.  I will have
already obtained as many supplies as I can locate.  Our work will conclude
in mid-afternoon.

The following projects are on the proposed list.

--Prepare picnic lunch for workers from groceries provided

--Repair broken window in annex #1 by taking out old fragments and
installing new glass

-- Paint stalls in women's bathroom (probably sanded first then painted),
reinstall tissue dispensers, and clean soap dispenser

-- Clean air vents in hallway by removing mounting screws and spraying them
outside with water

--Change air conditioner/heater filters

--Remount any hanging ceiling tiles that are missing or dangling

--Reattach kick plate at bottom of door in CDC pink room

--Reinforce window ledges in classrooms by cutting and installing plywood
and trim

--Cut, install, and paint baseboards for sections under windows in the
classrooms and sanctuary

--Install floor protectors on the deficient blue chairs in the sanctuary

--Install protection rails for windows in the hallway to prevent persons
from leaning against and breaking them

--Inventory, sort, and clean outer office (youth classroom)

--Clean and arrange bookcase behind piano:  Carrie's project

--Change four flood lights and one florescent light in sanctuary

--Clean shelves and cupboards in kitchen

--Clean AMC refrigerator

Thank you for continuing participation in the life of our community.