[amc] opportunity to engage persons in poverty

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:52:40 -0500

Because of our limited resources it is more feasible for us to support the
ministry of local agencies to engage persons displaced by poverty than to
initiate and sustain our own versions.  Caritas of Austin sponsors many
programs that provide a variety of ways to serve those in our community who
struggle to survive.  Currently Caritas is seeking persons to serve as
Community Advocates to help individuals and/or family units move toward a
stable self-sufficient lifestyle.  Persons volunteering for this role will
be trained and asked to partner with a social worker four hours each week to
be present with a client.  Please contact Nancy Ellis, 479-4610 x165, to
learn more about this program.  I also have additional information in the
church office.