[amc] adult Christian History series

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:26:37 -0500

Participants in the adult study of Christian History

This next Sunday we will discuss the two previous episodes of the Christian
history series, 'Protest and Reform' and 'Conquest of souls.'  Reflect on
the emotions these subjects generated for you.  These are some questions
that may prompt your curiosity and analysis of these periods of church
history:

What were the factors that gave energy to the attempt at church reformation?

What affects did the specific reforms promoted by protesters have on the
functioning of the church?

What were the motivations behind efforts to convert pagans to Christianity?

What seems to be the content of the gospel that was presented in conquering
new cultures for the church?

The following Sunday, April 16, we will observe the episode, 'In search of
tolerance' which describes the christianization of North America.