[amc] Ways we can support Trinity Child Development Center

  • From: "Garland Robertson" <lauralarue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:38:35 -0500

Dear Friends,
The state of childcare for low income families in Travis County is in crisis!
The Travis County Work Source program, which subsidizes childcare costs for
qualified low income families, has over 3000 children on their waiting list!
These families are at risk because parents are not able to work or go to school
because they cannot afford the necessary childcare.
As you may know, Trinity Child Development Center has served and continues to
serve many low income families. TCDC is a loving, stable place for these
children when their lives may be less than certain. But in order to continue
this mission, TCDC needs help from you, the TCDC family and the community.
Listed below is a list of ways you can help TCDC continue helping families in
need. We hope your family will consider helping with this worthy cause.
1. Randall's Card - Give the TCDC number (4447) when you checkout so that we
are credited with a % of your purchase. This one is so easy. They will even put
the number into their system so you don't have to remember it!
2.www.Goodsearch.com - Register TCDC as your charity of choice so that we get
credit for each search session you perform. Your children will get a kick out
of seeing how many searches have been performed each month!
3.Electronics Re-cycle - We are participating in a project that will pay TCDC
for used cell phones, DVD players, DVDs, laptops, MP3 players, digital cameras,
digital videos and camcorders, GPS devices, and video game consoles. So gather
up your electronics and bring them to school! There will be a box designated
for this project. Now you won't feel guilty for getting rid of them!
4. Magic Penny Project - Thank you to those of you who have already
participated. But don't stop now. Keep saving those pennies. Every little bit
helps. Happy Savings!
5. Shop for a Cause ?Saturday, October 13 ? Trinity CDC will sell you a Macy?s
pass for $5. Trinity will receive all of the $5. Customers with passes will
receive great savings on almost all of their purchases when they shop at Macy?s
on October 13. Also, customers with the passes are eligible to win a $500 gift
card, and no purchase at Macy?s is necessary.
6 .VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! For the first time ever we will be included in
the State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) and the Combined Federal Campaign
(CFC). So... if you or anyone you know works for the State of Texas or the
Federal Government and they give regularly to their charitable campaign please
let them know about us! We are on their list and our number for both groups is
90774 . TCDC is worth considering for this campaign!
Last, but certainly not least, the beloved Ark, that has served our children
well for over 30 years is going to be moved and reduced to a small
sitting/stage area. The good news is that through the United Way- Success By
Six- Facility Improvement Project, we have a new playscape that will meet new
codes. We are going to start moving the ark on Saturday, October 13th and will
subsequently on other Saturdays put together the new playscape. We would love
it if our alumni and their families would come help us in this endeavor! Let us
know if you can help by sending us an email or leaving a phone message. We will
send more details later to those who are interested in giving community service
hours.
In recent weeks, Miss Gloria has heard the success stories of several alumni of
TCDC (girls beginning at Ann Richards School of Leadership, students winning
awards at their schools, high school graduates enrolling in college). It is our
hope that TCDC gave these children the confidence and foundation to excel in
whatever endeavors they chose. We would love to hear more of these successes.
So email Miss Gloria and let her know where you are, what you are doing and how
you have been!
Thank you for your support of TCDC. Please consider continuing to help TCDC
help those who need quality, loving childcare so that we have many more
children with great success stories!
TCDC Board of Directors

--- Garland Robertson
--- lauralarue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx